Hotel Danieli, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Venice
Castello 4196, Venice, 30122, Italy
Phone: +39 041 5226480
4.3/5 (147 reviews)
A curator of glamorous experiences
A patrimony of Venetian excellence. With its heritage setting on Riva degli Schiavoni, Hotel Danieli dominates the Venetian lagoon steps away from the Bridge of Sighs and the famous monuments of Piazza San Marco.
Essential to the Danieli experience is its rooftop Restaurant Terrazza Danieli with its spectacular views of the Grand Canal. The palatial atmosphere of the hotel and its suites and rooms, house a rich collection of precious art and antiques that play witness to the city’s history, artfully blended with contemporary comforts to indulge the wishes of cultured global travelers.
Get these exclusive SPG® member benefits:
- Best Rates
Not an SPG Member?
Joining is quick, easy, and free. Join Now
Stay 3 nights and enjoy your 4th night free.
A regal suite discovery
A regal and authentic Venetian experience. This offer includes:
- Accommodation in Historical Suites or Royal Suite overlooking the Venetian lagoon
- Buffet breakfast
- Free High Speed Internet
- Arrive to the hotel in style with a Private Hostess assisted transfer by private water taxi to and from hotel
- 3,000 bonus Starpoints
Terms & Conditions
© 2016 Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc
Hear from our guests about their stay from 147 verified guest reviews
79%of our guests
recommend this hotel
As Platinum Starwood Members, we were very impressed with the Daneili Hotel. The hotel has one of the best locations in all of Venice overlooking the end of the Grand Canal and exudes wonderful old world charm. If you are a loyal Starwood member, you have three choices while in Venice - Gritti, Westin, or Danieli. We visited each one. All were very nice and you can not go wrong staying at any one of them. But if you have a choice, pick the Danieli. Here's why:
- Location- The hotel is within a short walk to all the major attractions. The Vaporetto and Water Taxi's are steps from the front door.
- Charm - The hotel is made up of three beautiful palaces. The Danieli Excelsior palace was the most recently renovated, The lobby is stunning.
- Rooms - We were given a beautiful suite on the corner of the 4th floor of the Excelsior which had a connecting room where our friends stayed. Dark woods, marble, and red tones were used throughout. The balconies were some of the largest in all of Venice.
- Service- Registration, concierge, and maid services were all outstanding. Thanks to Alesseio for all the excellent suggestions.
-Other Helpful Hints:
1. Take a water taxi to and from the hotel. It's worth the 70 to 80 Euro each way.
2. Buy a 48 or 72 hour Valperetto pass. It's a great way to see and experience more of Venice. Explore all the islands.
3. Get tickets to see a concerto or opera one evening. Venice has great musical talents. Wear your best!
4. If the weather is nice, have lunch, dinner, or a drink on the terrace of the Danieli. Breathtaking!
5. Spend a day exploring Venice. Get lost and see what happens.
6. Get an early start every day. Once the cruise ships dock around 10am you'll be waiting in long lines. Go early to go to the top of Saint Mark's tower to see the wonderful city! And don't go without visiting Doge's Palace and walk across the bridge of sighs.
7. Ask to eat where the locals eat. Read up on tipping and service charges so you know what to expect.
8. Take a day trip to Verona or Prosecco Hills if you would like a change of venue. Book in advance if your trip as they fill up fast!
We loved Venice and the Danieli Hotel. It was a trip of a lifetime you'll treasure forever.
How to get to the Hotel Danieli in Venice
Hotel Danieli is close to Piazza San Marco, Palazzo Ducale and St. Mark's Basilica. Get more inspiration about what to do in Venice here.
- Teatro La Fenice
- Palazzo Ducale
- Peggy Guggenheim collection
- Rialto Bridge and Markets
- St. Mark's Square
- Venice Biennale of Contemporary Art
- Venice Ghetto
- Fondamenta Nuove
- Calle Larga XXII Marzo
How To Get Here
An enogastronomic experience
Essential to a true Venetian experience, Restaurant Terrazza Danieli offers diners a culinary journey which retraces the oriental influences of spice traders and blends them with indigenous ingredients and mesmerising views of the Grand Canal and Adriatic Sea.
- Restaurant Terrazza Danieli
- The Egg Nicola Batavia @ Hotel Danieli
- Bar Terrazza Danieli
- Bar Dandolo
Hours Of Operation
The perfect place to plan a meeting in Venice
Whether it's an exclusive product launch, an elegant gala dinner or a private meeting of the board, make your event one to remember in our stunning Renaissance-inspired rooms.
- Meeting Rooms: 7
- Meeting Space: 155 m2
- Maximum Capacity: 160